He has received several awards for his compositions, including the St. Romanos Melodos International Composers Competition in Saint Petersburg and the international composers competition, ‘Musical Palette of Durdy Bayramov,’ in Canada. Prokhor’s works have been performed in the Hermitage Theatre, Saint Petersburg Philharmonia, and the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in Moscow.
Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory, B.A.;
Bard College Conservatory of Music, M.M.;
University of Toronto, D.M.A. (in progress)
- Fulbright Scholarship (2018);
- 2nd International Composers' Competition in Chelyabinsk (Chelyabinsk, Russia, 2018): Orchestra special Prize;
- “Molodaya Classica” Composers' Competition (Vologda, Russia, 2018): 3rd Prize;
- International Composers Competition “Musical Palette of Durdy Bayramov” (Toronto, Canada, 2017): 3rd Prize;
- St. Romanos Melodos 3rd International Composers Competition (St. Petersburg, Russia, 2017): 3rd Prize;
- St. Romanos Melodos 2nd International Composers Competition (St. Petersburg, Russia, 2014): 2nd Prize;
- 3rd National Open Competition of Conductors (Nizhny Novgorod State Conservatory, Russia, 2009): 1st Prize.